Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Cookies and Juice"

        Cookies and juice....
                                ....the start to every college kids' day. Ooohhhkayyyy...so, it may not be the best food, but it's quick, convenient, and easy. (Kind of like a streetwalker...and they're both bad for you....so what's that tell 'ya....)  LOL. :p
  I'm not a college student, persay, but I do fall into that category..sort of. I realised when I got home from training for Incept last night, that I haven't eaten "real food" in about 4 days now...I've had an assortment of: strawberries, string cheese, yogurt, grilled cheese, starbucks, orange juice, potato chips, a hard boiled pickled egg, chocolate chip cookies, and Pall Malls. Needless to say, I haven't been eating well. I'm going to need to fix that. Soooooon. lol. 
   So. I said I don't fall into the college student category exactly...well, I'm not attending college, BUT! I may be getting into classes to be a Nurses' Aide...and if that happens, I will have the same kind of schedule as a college student. (just without the partying..I won't have time!) 
    ...my schedule will look something like this: get up and be in Sebring at the nursing home for classes by 7 every morning. Then at 3 pm, when those classes end, I'll have to drive straight from Sebring to Canton, and go to work at Incept from 5-9:45 Tue-Fri. And then all day Saturday. So, it'll be fun. People keep telling me that I'm going to burn out, but I think, honestly, I'll be able to handle it. I'm capable, and willing to work my butt off, so that helps.    I started training for Incept last night...well, yesterday, rather. While it wasn't "fun," it wasn't something that I'm dreading going back to. There are 10 people in this class, and I think we'll all do well. There's alot to learn, but there's also alot that I already knew...as far as that there are different kinds of blood donations...it made me feel really cool that I knew that. (Although it may just be because out of everyone, I've been in high school the most recently, and therefore am more familiar with biology...whatever though). 
   I've got to write a paragraph on my motivation for working at Incept....I'm not sure what angle I'm going to come from on that just yet...I'm looking forward to writing it though....I miss writing...hence I have a blog. 
   Ohh....yesterday, I had my interview at Copeland Oaks for the nurses aide program...I think it went well. I have to call them in about an hour and tell them that I will be able to make the clinical day for training...I'm so glad I can work out my schedule! I'm praying that I get into the training...it'd definitely give me a step-up if/when I attempt to get my LPN, or RN...
   
    .......Lately, I've been seeing, very clearly, how God is working in my life. During the summer, I was stressing out because I didn't have any plans for this year...I had no job, and I basically had no idea what I was going to do. 
I prayed, and filled out alot of applications. And none of them went, or got me, anywhere. I was scared. I was depressed. I was frustrated. I was trying, and failing. And I knew I was disappointing people, and was seen as having no ambition. I was mad. And I wanted to quit trying a few times. It was not a good time. 
   After coming through it all, and being on the other side, I can see that it was a trust thing. A faith thing. And I somewhat failed, in that I wasn't always trusting of God to take me where He wanted me to be. I'm upset with myself, knowing that all along, I KNEW God was going to take care of me...I should've trusted Him more. At least now I know. It's been proven to me more than once, and I'm going to let GOD do what He's gonna do in my life. 

    Ohhhkay. Now that I've written the "heavy stuff"...time for my most recent "FML." 
          ....Last night after training, Beau and I went to Starbucks. When I was waiting for my coffee, the barista, (who happened to be about 6'5, ripped as heck, and gorgeous) started asking me what we were doing out and about...I told him about the job training, then we started talking about work in general. I found out he's an RN at Aultman, and we seemed to really hit it off in the 5 minutes we talked. We said goodbye, and Beau and I went outside and sat down. I kicked off my shoes, and was about to smash on my fave coffee-a white chocolate iced latte...when i realised my straw had a hole in it. Beau went back inside to get me a new one, and in doing so, asked the barista for his numer....for me. The barista, I guess, told him: "DUDE! I'm married!" Sooooo.....FAIL. 
And I can no longer go to that Starbucks after work. FML.  ......something like that WOULD happen to me. Ya know???? Allllways. Whatever. That's just Bubbles for you. XD 

......Sooooo....I think I'm going to do the homework for the training class, and get my stuff together...cause then i have to shower and get ready and then leave for Canton...I'm meeting Beau and Donna at Panera for a bit, then going over to Starbucks and reading a book about nursing I grabbed from the library the other night....I'm just going to chill till I have to be at Incept. It'll be a good time. :) 

            so, i guess this is goodbye...for nooowwww, anyways. 
         ...in the words of the people from my homeland: 
                 Mahalo E Ke Akua No Keia La 

3 comments:

  1. Haven't read the post. But I like your spectacles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks tons! everyone says they like them...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, i just have to say, this post makes my life better :) something like that really *would* happen to you ^_^ love you!!

    ReplyDelete