Thursday, August 26, 2010

How many adults does it take to outsmart a pop machine?

    Just sayin', my job is turning out to be SO MUCH FUNNN!

         :D

    At the beginning of training, it seemed to just drag; now, it's flying by! I'm learning SO much, getting to know people so much better, and laughing so much! Tonight, for example: I was falling asleep during the first part of the class, so at our first break, I was going to get a Monster energy drink from the pop machine in the break room. Beau walked over with me, and Ericka was in there when we got there. She was standing there staring angrily at the pop machine, and we asked what had happened. She explained that it took her dollar and she wanted her money back...then we all thought, "Hey! Well, all three of us are getting something, how about one of us goes ahead and then we'll get her dollar back as change! Yeah! That'll work!!" So, I put my dollar and quarter in, and pressed the button for the Monster drinks. I got it, and got a quarter back for my change. I hadn't realised that Monster's were two dollars. So then, Beau was going to get something to get Ericka's change back, and that didn't work. So, then, a woman who was sitting there at a table behind us gave Ericka some change. But that still didn't mean Beau could get what he was going to. So he and I went back to the training room and I gave him all the change I had. Which turned out to not be enough. Then, a woman who's in training with us asked him how much he needed...all he needed was a quarter...she gave it to him, and everything was resolved. But it literally took FIVE adults to outsmart the freaking pop machine! AGHHH! Needless to say, it made me laugh. A lot. :)
    ...it's things like that, that make me love my job so much. Even though, technically, I've only worked there for three days. And that's only training so far. Anyways. Another reason: Beau. He and I are besties, and working with him is just the most fun thing. :) I think the people who work there are just so awesome. Everyone seems to like working there, and they all seem to get along really well!
    I've set a major goal for myself, since last night. It was triggered by a few things...
....I've decided to quit smoking. Cold turkey, I'm finished. I have no more cigarettes, and don't plan on buying any more. I think the first time I thought about quitting was two days ago, at work, when we went on break and I immediately reached for them. The thought flashed through my head that it was unusual for me to go for them w/out thinking about it. I passed it off, grabbed them, and went outside and lit up. It then hit me, yesterday, that a major source of recreation for me is smoking. While I still want to do it, it's kind of gross to me now...thinking about Special Blends gives me a headache...which it has NEVER done before...I had kind of thought that after I finished this pack, I wasn't going to buy any more, and see if I could handle it. Mom and dad beat me to it though. I guess they found empty packs in my trash. And they called me on it last night. So, it all came to a big confrontation, and I'm done. I'll probably end up smoking cigars with friends once in a while, but definitely not as a regular thing.
   ...I've got this job, now I need to keep my act together. Plus, I was spending alot of money on cigarettes...which I could've been saving. It's a stupid thing to waste money on, because, not only does it hurt you, gradually, albeit, but it also takes money in small increments that you don't really miss. It's a dangerous habit, for more reasons than the obvious. I need to turn some things in my life around: this is just the first step in the process.
   ...Anyways. I figured it'd be easier to totally quit, now that it's public, on the internet, where I can never get it back. Pretty good motivation, I think.
    Hmm.......anyhow.....I think that's basically all I have to talk about right now...I've got to go practice the script for tomorrow...we were told that we're going to be on the phone's by tomorrow night! AGH! Prayers would be great! :)     ...I'm going to try to keep this a little more updated that I had been. Starting some things off differently in my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment