Sunday, April 4, 2010

Me and Mom

This is my mom and I. We have a love-hate relationship sometimes. Some times, we love to scream and be mad at each other, and sometimes, we hate not to talk. Normally, we go at least a few weeks without really talking. We may speak to each other, but we don't really talk. Tonight, after my family got back from my grandma's house, my dad told me that my mom had to go back out, and he wanted me to go with her. We went to WalMart, and at one point, ended up running from a huge cart-thingy that seemed to be chasing us. In all, while we were out, we (at least I), had fun. After we got home, we made up my brother's Easter baskets...and then my mom frosted a cake we're taking with us when we go back to my grandma's tomorrow. While she was frosting, I started talking. ...I sort of opened up about my past relationships, (dating and otherwise) and just sort of vented a little. Just blew off a little steam. And then my mom came back to me with some good advice, and some things that are just good to keep in the back of my head to think about. Idk. I really enjoyed talking to her tonight....I wish we did that more often. That's okay though...we'll have time to at the end of this month while we're in Cali. We'll have the whole plane ride, and then afternoons lying in the sun in Palm Springs. It'll sort of be one last "schebang" before I graduate...something that is much needed. That's for sure. I can't wait to leave...There's only 19 days before we board the plane!!! :) I'm so excited...anyways....So, later this morning (technically), I have to get all dressed up and all and get to church by 8 for our new early worship service. I love being involved with it, but holy crow it's hard singing that early...I desperately need something to help my vocal cords get all warmed up beforehand! ...Hopefully everything'll go really well in the AM...although, technically, it's already the AM....ok.., um, later on today. There. That sounds better. So, anyways, I must go and dive into the throes of unconsciousness in order to prepare myself for the stresses and activities of the day.
...Chiao!

No comments:

Post a Comment